As coaches, mentors, and consultants, we are in the business of facilitating performance enhancement and achieving goals, whether for an individual or for a business. Like working with a specialist sports or fitness coach to achieve fitness and health goals; as well as the framework and know-how, our coaches add a level of accountability to a client’s learning, discovery and development journey.
No one assignment is the same, and therefore from the outset, we will discuss and agree a programme of sessions which suits and supports the achievement of a client’s goals. The number of sessions required will vary, according to several factors:
- The scope, depth and breadth of the desired outcomes.
- The complexities of the context and the degree of change required.
- The clients’ commitment to the agreed actions. After a coaching session – all sessions will conclude with actions (‘homework’!) to be undertaken by the client before the next meeting.
For a coaching programme to be effective, clients commit to a minimum of 6-8 sessions, spaced no more than 4 weeks apart, and ideally, every 2-3 weeks to support momentum.
If contracted to work within a business, where the business is sponsoring the coaching, we will meet and agree the outcomes for both the business and the individual, before the programme commences.
Business Coaching and Mentoring:
We work with business owners, directors and employees on topics such as;
- Business planning and strategy
- Business identity, plus narrating and articulating the company’s unique proposition
- Team and stakeholder engagement
- Leadership – operating as a leader, opposed to at an operational level
- Creating a culture of coaching in an organisation
- Talent development and performance appraisals
- Developing successful relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Sales, marketing, and business development
- New role ‘on-boarding’
- Behavioural skills for success
- Presentation skills
- Management job skills: such as delegation, planning and organisation, problem solving, holding ‘difficult conversations’ and achieving the best outcome
Personal Performance Coaching
As well as being contracted to work within a business, we have many clients who view having a coach to support the navigation of their career and personal lives, as an important investment in themselves.
In many ways, the subject context may be the same as the business coaching areas outlined above.
Personal Performance coaching is about shining a spotlight on the goals a client has in any area of their life; professional, personal or relationships and will explore the best path to their achievement, whilst navigating the challenges that present themselves, in a safe, proactive and non-judgemental environment.
‘Sharpening the Saw’
One important component of all coaching assignments is a focus on how clients take care of their capacity to perform. Having a strategy which just includes working as hard as one can, without considering physically and mentally what we need to do to sustain high performance, will not achieve the best results possible and will quite likely lead to health issues down the road.
As a part of all coaching assignments, we will review a client’s approach to exercise, their nutrition and how they switch off.
In a world where mental health and the debilitating effects of stress and anxiety are increasingly in the news, how we ‘sharpen the saw’ and look after ourselves are important components of achieving success.
All coaching assignments will therefore include a holistic perspective and plan to support a client’s capacity and ability to perform.